Synopsis of the fishes of North America / by David S. Jordan and Charles H. Gilbert.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 506 Unm58, v. 24 (Text)||1720497-2016||General Federal documents||Available||-|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 507 Un58b no. 16 (Text)||741398-2012||General Federal documents||Available||-|
- Physical Description: lvi, 1018 pages ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Washington : G.P.O., 1882.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Class i. Leptocardii. (pp. 2).
Class II. Marsipobranchii. (pp. 3).
Class III. Elasmobranchii. (pp. 12).
Class IV. Pisces. (pp. 73).
Index (p. 975-1018).
|Summary, etc.:|| This memoir attempts to give concise descriptions of all the fish species known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the boundary between the United States and Mexico. The classification system adopted is essentially based on the views of Professors Gill and Cope rather than the fish groupings offered by the European systematists, with an effort to avoid unnatural associations in genera and families on one hand and subdivision beyond reasonable limits, on the other. Genera which have defied precise definition are rarely adopted.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Fishes > North America.
Search for related items by series
- Bulletin of the United States National Museum ; no. 16.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 24
- Smithsonian Institution publication ; 492
- Bulletin (United States National Museum) ; 16.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 24.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 492.