- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0629/2005938149-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0629/2005938149-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Brownstown PL - Brownstown||811 G162 (Text)||79361000034394||Adult Nonfiction - Literature & Poetry||Available||-|
- ISBN: 1555974430
- ISBN: 9781555974435
- Physical Description: 140 pages ; 24 cm
- Publisher: St. Paul, Minn. : Graywolf Press, 
- Copyright: ©2006
The long-awaited and resplendent new poetry collection by Tess Gallagher, whose poems "are a gift of a poet's heart and soul to her readers" (Robert Coles) "" "Don' t sharpen them. Expectation, more dangerous than any blade. - " Knives in the Borrowed House" " Fourteen years after "Moon Crossing Bridge"- Tess Gallagher' s powerful elegies for her husband, Raymond Carver- "Dear Ghosts," is the return of Gallagher' s unequivocal voice. In these new poems, the ghosts of the past are conjured as part of the present day: the deceased beloved, the father long dead, the ailing mother, the victims of holocaust and war. With these spirits beside her, Gallagher confronts her own illness and mortality, and celebrates love and friendship in these spare lyrics and muscular narratives, each punctuated by her resilience and grace. Here is the new work by one of America' s most accomplished poets.
Search for related items by subject