A room with a view / E.M. Forster ; with an introduction by Mona Simpson.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780553903317 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0553903314 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780553903317 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0553903314 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: xxi, 210 pages ; 18 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Bantam Books, 2007.
- Copyright: ©1988
|General Note:|| First published in 1908.
|Summary, etc.:|| A charming young Englishwoman, Lucy Honeychurch, faints into the arms of a fellow Britisher when she witnesses a murder in a Florentine piazza. Attracted to this man, George Emerson -- who is entirely unsuitable and whose father just may be a Socialist -- Lucy is soon at war with the snobbery of her class and her own conflicting desires. Back in England, she is courted by a more acceptable, if stifling, suitor and soon realizes she must make a startling decision that will determine the course of her future: she is forced to choose between convention and passion.
|Target Audience Note:|| 760 Lexile.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Bantam Books, 2007. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 915 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 222 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||British > Travel > Italy > Florence > Fiction.
Young women > England > Fiction.
Mate selection > Fiction.
Florence (Italy) > Fiction.
Search for related items by series