Murder at the Washington Tribune [electronic resource] : a capital crimes novel / Margaret Truman.
- ISBN: 9780345486035 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 034548603X (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780345486035 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 034548603X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: vii, 321 p. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Ballantine Books, c2005.
|Summary, etc.:|| Joe Wilcox, veteran police reporter for the Washington Tribune, is plagued with increasing self-doubt about his stalled career, feeling more and more pressure from younger, up-and-coming colleagues and from the need to compete with TV and the tabloids. Ironically, his beloved, energetic daughter, Roberta, is one of the up-and-comers, an award-winning broadcast journalist whose tough investigative reporting has begun to be noticed. The death of a Tribune reporter, found strangled in a closet at one end of the newsroom, is big news among the Washington media, and the case puts Joe and Roberta into an awkward competition that could threaten their close relationship, which is further compromised when Joe's long-estranged brother wants to reenter Joe's life.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Random House Pub. Group, 2005. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1238 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 293 KB).
Search for related items by subject