Whitethorn Woods [electronic resource] / Maeve Binchy.
- ISBN: 9780307267443 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 030726744X (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780307267443 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 030726744X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 339 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st United States ed.
- Publisher: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2007.
|General Note:|| "Originally published in Great Britain by Orion Books, ... London, in 2006"--T.p. verso.
|Summary, etc.:|| When a new highway threatens to bypass the town of Rossmore and cut through Whitethorn Woods, it will also destroy St. Ann's well, where people have been coming for generations to share their dreams and speak their prayers. Some believe the well to be a place of true spiritual power, demanding protection; others think it's a mere magnet for superstitions, easily sacrificed. Maeve Binchy creates a rich spectrum of men and women, all with passionate opinions, who are drawn into this timely conflict between the traditions of the past and the promises of the future.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Knopf Pub. Group, 2007. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1199 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 279 KB).
Search for related items by subject
Highway bypasses >
City and town life > Ireland > Fiction.
Ireland > Fiction.