Forever and ever, amen : becoming a nun in the sixties / Karol Jackowski.
- ISBN: 9781101175811 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101175818 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101176894 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 110117689X (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (306 pages)
- Publisher: New York : Riverhead Books, 2007.
|General Note:|| Description based on print version record.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Hearing the call -- Initiation into sisterhood -- Solitary confinement -- First profession of vows -- Everything changes -- Convent life unveiled -- Approaching forever.
|Summary, etc.:|| In 1964, Karol Jackowski was just out of high school. But while her friends were heading off to college or finding their first jobs, Karol decided to enter the convent of the Sisters of the Holy Cross. Those years were a time of enormous change in the country and in the Church. They were times of joy, dedication, and a great deal of fun, set against the Second Vatican Council and the reforms it fostered, many of which remain controversial today. In this playful and candid memoir, Jackowski pulls back the curtain on the mysteries of convent life, as she recounts her rocky transition from worldly teenager to cloistered postulant; the trials she faced in coping with the restrictions of convent life; and the lessons she learned from the elderly nuns she was assigned to, who weren't nearly as pious as people thought.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Sisters of the Holy Cross > Biography.
Nuns > United States > Biography.