The perfect poison / Amanda Quick.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781101044896 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101044896 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101046654 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101046651 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101046210 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 110104621X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 340 pages ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons, 
- Copyright: ©2009
Plagued by rumors that she poisoned her fianc,̌ Lucinda Bromley lives on the fringes of polite Victorian London society, tending her beloved plants--and occasionally consulting on a murder investigation. For the notorious botanist can detect almost any type of poison, especially those derived from plants. But the murder of a lord has shaken Lucinda: at the scene, she picks up traces of a toxin from a very rare species. So rare, in fact, that only one specimen exists in England--and it was stolen from her conservatory last month. To keep her name out of the inquest and to find the murderer, Lucinda hires fellow Arcane Society member Caleb Jones, who runs a psychical investigation agency. But as desire blooms between Caleb and Lucinda, they are drawn into the dark heart of a deadly conspiracy that can be traced to the early days of the Arcane Society.--From publisher description.
Electronic reproduction. New York : Penguin USA, Inc., 2009. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1292 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 487 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 621 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women botanists > England > Fiction.
Secret societies > England > Fiction.
Psychic ability > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Romantic suspense fiction.
Search for related items by series