View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781429527293 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1429527293 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781429527323 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 1429527323 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 312 pages ; 17 cm.
- Edition: Berkeley Sensation ed.
- Publisher: New York : Berkley Sensation, 2005.
|Summary, etc.:|| "Solving the mystery of Egyptian hieroglyphics has been Daphne Pembroke's lifelong passion, one she has kept secret from everyone except her brother, Miles, who fronts as the hieroglyphics expert of the family. (Daphne's disapproving late husband believed that 'intellectual endeavors put too great a strain on the inferior female brain.') When robbers steal a papyrus from her Cairo home that may lead to a vast fortune and kidnap Miles as well, Daphne knows the crooks have taken her brother so he can decipher the hieroglyphics. To find Miles before his captors realize he's clueless, she needs muscle in the form of hunky Rupert Carsington, whom she springs from a local jail. Tracking the kidnappers takes Daphne, Rupert and their entourage down the Nile, where they face sandstorms, snakes and other perils."--Publisher's Weekly.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Penguin Group USA, 2008. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1643 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 439 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Widows > 19th century > Fiction.
Nobility > 19th century > Fiction.
English > Egypt > 19th century > Fiction.
Brothers and sisters > Fiction.
Kidnapping > Fiction.
Manuscripts (Papyri) > Fiction.
Egypt > 19th century > Fiction.
Search for related items by series