What to expect : eating well when you're expecting / by Heidi Murkoff with Sharon Mazel.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780761151029 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0761151028 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (ix, 470 pages) : illustrations
- Publisher: New York : Workman Pub., 
- Copyright: ©2005
Presents a diet plan comprised of wholesome unprocessed foods, with information on nutrition, food safety, and weight gain, and advice on navigating the nine months of pregnancy and the postpartum period.
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Pregnancy > Nutritional aspects.
Mothers > Nutrition.
- Baker & Taylor
Featuring recipes to promote fetal development and maternal well-being, an updated edition of the guide suggests a diet plan comprised of wholesome unprocessed foods and includes information on nutrition, food safety, and weight gain, offering a realistic approach to navigating the nine months of pregnancy and the postpartum period. Original
- Workman Press.Announcing Eating Well When You're Expecting, providing moms-to-be with a realistic approach to navigating healthily and deliciously through the nine months of pregnancyâat home, in the office, over the holidays, in restaurants. Thorough chapters are devoted to nutrition, weight gain, food safety, the postpartum diet, and how to eat when trying to conceive again. And, very exciting, the book comes with 150 contemporary, tasty, and healthy recipes that feed mom and baby well, take little time to prepare, and are gentle on queasy tummies.
A departure from its predecessor, What to Eat When Youâre Expecting, which has 976,000 copies in print, Eating Well loses the whole-wheatier-than-thou attitude, and comes with a light, reader-friendly tone while delivering the most up-to-date information. At the heart of the book are hundreds of pressing questions every mother-to-be has: Is it true I shouldnât eat any food cooked with alcohol? Will the caffeine in coffee cross into my babyâs bloodstream? Help!âIâm entering my second trimester, and Iâm losing weight, not gaining. Is all sushi off limits? How do I get enough calcium if Iâm lactose intolerant? I keep dreaming about a hot fudge sundaeâcan I indulge? Guess what: the answer is yes.