The big payback [electronic resource] : the history of the business of hip-hop / Dan Charnas.
- ISBN: 9781101441824 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101441828 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781101445822 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101445823 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xii, 660 p.,  p. of plates) : ill.
- Publisher: New York : New American Library, c2010.
|General Note:|| Includes index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Number runners -- Genius of rap -- The beat box -- Hip-hop nation -- Where hip-hop lives -- Cops & rappers -- Keeping it real -- An American dream.
|Summary, etc.:|| On this four-decade-long journey from the studios where the first rap records were made to the boardrooms where the big deals were inked, "The Big Payback" tallies the list of who lost and who won along the 40-year road to hip-hop's dominance.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
Rap (Music) >
Hip-hop > Social aspects.
Sound recording industry.