The next 100 years : a forecast for the 21st century / George Friedman.
- ISBN: 9780385522946 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0385522940 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780385522946 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0385522940 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 9780385522946 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- ISBN: 0385522940 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- Physical Description: xii, 253 pages : maps ; 25 cm
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Doubleday, 
- Copyright: ©2009
|Formatted Contents Note:|| An introduction to the American Age -- The dawn of the American Age -- Earthquake: the U.S.-Jihadist war -- Population, computers, and culture wars -- The new fault lines -- China 2020: paper tiger -- Russia 2020: rematch -- American power and the crisis of 2030 -- A new world emerges -- The 2040s: prelude to war -- Preparing for war -- World War: a scenario -- The 2060s: a golden decade -- 2080: the United States, Mexico, and the struggle for the global heartland.
|Summary, etc.:|| In his long-awaited and provocative new book, George Friedman turns his eye on the future--offering a lucid, highly readable forecast of the changes we can expect around the world during the twenty-first century. He explains where and why future wars will erupt (and how they will be fought), which nations will gain and lose economic and political power, and how new technologies and cultural trends will alter the way we live in the new century.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. [New York] : Doubleday, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Requires Adobe Reader 6 (file size: 7942 KB) or Mobipocket Reader 4.7 (file size: 1441 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 3682 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||International relations > History > 21st century.
Twenty-first century > Forecasts.
World politics > 21st century > Forecasting.
International relations > Forecasting.