View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781101457535 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 1101457538 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9781101457696 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- ISBN: 1101457694 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (245 pages)
- Publisher: New York : Viking, 2010.
Description based on print version record.
For thirty years as a musician, Rosanne Cash has enjoyed both critical and commercial success, releasing a series of albums that are as notable for their lyrical intelligence as for their musical excellence. In this memoir, Cash writes compellingly about her upbringing in Southern California as the child of country legend Johnny Cash, and of her relationships with her mother and her famous stepmother, June Carter Cash. In her account of her development as an artist she shares memories of recording her own first album on a German label; working her way to success; her Nashville marriage to Rodney Crowell; her relationship with the country music establishment; taking a new direction in her music and moving to New York; motherhood; dealing with the deaths of her parents, in part through music; the process of songwriting; and her fulfillment with her current husband and musical collaborator, John Leventhal.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Singers > United States > Biography.