Talking to girls about Duran Duran : one young man's quest for true love and a cooler haircut / Rob Sheffield.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781101437070 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101437073 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101437209 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101437200 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (ix, 274 pages)
- Publisher: New York : Dutton, 
- Copyright: ©2010
|General Note:|| Description based on print version record.
|Summary, etc.:|| The author of Love is a Mix Tape returns to share the soundtrack to his eighties adolescence. When he turned 13 in 1980, Sheffield had a lot to learn about women, love, music and himself, and here he offers a glimpse into his transformation from pasty, geeky "hermit boy" into a young man with his first girlfriend, his first apartment, and a sense of the world. It's all here: Inept flirtations. Dumb crushes. Deplorable fashion choices. Members Only jackets. Girls, every last one of whom seems to be madly in love with the bassist of Duran Duran. Sheffield's coming-of-age story has a playlist that any child of the eighties or anyone who just loves music will sing along with. These songs--and Sheffield's writing--will remind readers of that first kiss, that first car, and the moments that shaped their lives.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Music critics > United States > Biography.
Journalists > United States > Biography.
Rock music > History and criticism.