- ISBN: 9781101181034 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 1101181036 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9781101185841 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- ISBN: 1101185848 (electronic bk. : Adobe EPUB)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xviii, 489 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations, maps
- Publisher: New York : New American Library, 
- Copyright: ©2010
|General Note:|| Companion book to the television miniseries.
Description based on print version record.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references.
|Summary, etc.:|| In this companion book to the HBO series on the war in the Pacific, historian Hugh Ambrose focuses on five American soldiers who each took an active role in the difficult and costly--in terms of lives--campaign to reach the Japanese mainland. Ambrose recounts key battles--Guadalcanal, Midway, Okinawa, and the lesser-known Peleliu--and he provides a soldier's eye view of the events, conveying the great valor and sacrifices of those in uniform.
Search for related items by subject