- http://www.in.gov/library/finding-aid/S1009_Naylor_Isaac_Papers.pdf - Finding aid
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/60 - "How Many Clay Men Are There?" ca. 1820s-1840s
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/57 - A.J. Hay letter from W.Q. Gresham, 1883 April 7
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/199 - Address to the voters of Clark County, Indiana
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/258 - Battle of Tippecanoe account fragment
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/276 - Battle of Tippecanoe account fragment (single page)
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/275 - Battle of Tippecanoe and the erection of a monument account
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/58 - Benjamin Harrison letter to Dr. A. J. Hay, 1881 October 12
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/59 - Benjamin Harrison letter to Mary D. Naylor Whitford, 1888 July 12
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/150 - Biographical sketch of Isaac Naylor, 1852 March 16
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/136 - Essay fragment on juries in the legal system
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/102 - Isaac Naylor judge appointment, 1844 December 20
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/63 - Jonathan Jennings letter to Andrew P. Hay, 1814 November 8
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/123 - Mary C. Naylor letter to Emma, 1888 August 24
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/173 - Masonic speech, 1823 October 10
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/188 - Masonic speech, 1826 June 24
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/137 - Members of the House of Representatives, session of 1851-'52
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/234 - Pioneer life in Clark County, Indiana narrative
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/126 - Resolutions of the Grand Lodge of Indiana, 1854
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/239 - Pigeon Roost Massacre narrative
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/202 - Speech fragment
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/209 - Speech on music
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/214 - Speech on popular prejudice
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/131 - State of Indiana v. Alfred L. Cantwell and Spencer I. Dayton indictment
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/112 - State of Indiana v. Board of Trustees of the Wabash and Erie Canal document, 1857
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/107 - State of Indiana v. Rufus A. Lockwood proceedings, 1848 March 14
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/68 - Tippecanoe battleground resolution, 1840 May 29
- http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/244 - Success of 1811 and Tippecanoe narrative
- 3 of 3 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Mss I] ISLI S1009 (Text)||926370-1001||Manuscripts||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 3 folders
|General Note:|| Processing information: Collection processing completed 2005/11 by Christina Baich. Finding aid updated 2015/11/12 by Laura Eliason.
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| The collection is open for research use.
|Summary, etc.:|| The collection contains an autobiography and speeches written by Isaac Naylor; correspondence, legal documents and other papers; and historical sketches written by Isaac Naylor primarily about early life in Indiana and the Battle of Tippecanoe. There are also some papers of Andrew Jennings Hay, Naylor's son-in-law, and Andrew Paxton Hay, Andrew Jennings' father.
|Preferred Citation of Described Materials Note:|| Isaac Naylor papers, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Indiana Division, Indiana State Library.
|Terms Governing Use and Reproduction Note:|| Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library. Possession of a reproduction from an Indiana State Library collection does not constitute permission for use.
|Biographical or Historical Data:|| Isaac Naylor was born on July 30, 1790, in Rockingham County, Virginia. His family moved to Bourbon County, Kentucky, in 1793. In 1805, they moved to Clark County, Indiana. Naylor fought at the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811. Naylor was married to Mary Anderson on April 27, 1826. He resided in Charlestown, Indiana, and practiced law in Clark and the surrounding counties until 1833 when he settled in Crawfordsville, Indiana. In December 1837, Naylor was elected the President Judge of the first Judicial Circuit and remained in the office for 14 years. He died on April 26, 1873.
|Accumulation and Frequency of Use Note:|| No further additions are expected.
Search for related items by subject