Le journal des Jésuites : publié d'après le manuscrit original conservé aux archives du Séminaire de Québec / par MM. les abbés Laverdière et Casgrain.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Cage] ISLM 971 J58J (Text)||910621-1001||Cage General Books||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 3 unnumbered pages, VI-X pages, 24 unnumbered pages, 403 pages ; 30 cm
- Edition: Deuxième édition, exactement conforme à la première (1871).
- Publisher: Montréal : Chez J.M. Valois, 1892.
Extends from Sept. 1645 to June 1668, with a gap between Feb. 5, 1654, and Oct. 25, 1656. There is evidence that the Journal was continued down to 1755; but the manuscripts of this continuation, which must have comprised at least two more volumes, have disappeared. The original, from 1645 to Aug. 1665, is in the handwriting of Father Lallemant; from that point to 1668 it is in the handwriting of Father Le Mercier. cf. The Jesuit relations; ed. by R.G. Thwaites, v. 27-51, in which will be found an English translation of the Journal.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Jesuits > Canada.
Canada > History > To 1763 (New France)
Indians of North America > Missions > Canada.