Ultimate World War II collection / National Geographic.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Part||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Greensburg-Decatur Co PL - Greensburg||DVD 940.54 ULT (Text)||All Discs||32826012025128||DVD||Available||-|
|Greensburg-Decatur Co PL - Greensburg||DVD 940.54 ULT (Text)||Discs 1-4,6||32826011705001||DVD||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781426295249
- ISBN: 1426295243
- Physical Description: 6 videodiscs (approximately 425 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: 6-disc deluxe ed.
- Publisher: Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
- Copyright: ©2009
Title from container.
Titles for individual discs taken from disc surfaces.
Program content dates: disc 1, c2001; disc 2, c1999; disc 3, c1998; disc 4, c1989; disc 5, c1993; disc 6, c2004.
Special features: Bonus programs: Combat cameramen, Behind the scenes on the Ballard expedition, and Survivor stories; interactive maps and battle diagrams, timelines, and trivia quizzes.
"Presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original television exhibition"--Container.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
[disc 1]. Pearl Harbor : legacy of attack (ca. 85 min.) / produced by National Geographic Television in association with Lone Wolf Pictures ; directed by Kirk Wolfinger, Michael Rosenfeld ; produced and written by Patrick Prentice.
[disc 2]. The battle for Midway (ca. 83 min.) / a Partisan Pictures/Odyssey Corporation production for National Geographic Television ; produced and directed by Brian Breger and Peter Schnall ; writer, Donovan Reiff.
[disc 3]. Untold stories of World War II (ca. 55 min.) / produced by Stephen Burns ... [et al.] ; written by James Barrat, Michael Dolan, Frank Nesbitt.
[disc 4]. Search for the battleship Bismarck (ca. 53 min.) / a production of the National Geographic Society ; producers, Christine Weber, Peter Schnall ; writer Patrick Prentice.
[disc 5]. The lost fleet of Guadalcanal (ca. 109 min.) / produced by Robert Kenner ; written by Kage Kleiner.
[disc 6]. The boys of Normandy : 60 years after D-Day (ca. 38 min.) / produced and directed by Tim Baney ; written by Tim Baney and Sarah Meyer.
|Creation/Production Credits Note:||
Disc 1: Edited by Christine Jameson Henry ; photography, Bill Mills ... [et al]. ; music, Mark Adler. Disc 2: Editor, Rob Kuhns ; cinematographer, Peter Schnall ; music, Michael Whalen. Disc 3: Edited by Mick Kaczorowski ... [et al.] ; photographed by John Davey ... [et al.] ; music, Paul Brier and Richard Fiocca. Disc 4: Editor, Christine Jameson ; cinematographer, Peter Schnall ; music, Fred Karns. Disc 5: Edited by Leonard Feinstein ; photographed by Robert Elfstrom ; music by Mark Adler. Disc 6. Editor, Andy Rodbell ; videographer, Ed Reinsel ; music, Mark Adler ... [et al.].
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrators: Peter Coyote (disc 2) ; Ron David (disc 3) ; Richard Kiley (disc 4) ; Stacy Keach (disc 5) ; John McCain, Bob Kerrey, Bob Dole (disc 6).
1. Pearl Harbor : legacy of attack includes original footage of the attack and interviews with veteran survivors. 2. The Battle for Midway includes original footage of this major battle of the Pacific Campaign of WWII, firsthand accounts from American and Japanese veteran survivors, and footage of the underwater explorations led by Robert Ballard to find downed aircraft carriers and planes. 3. Untold stories of WWII includes original footage of occupied Norway and tells the story of the efforts of Norweigan resistant fighters to dismantle the Nazis plans to create the bomb. Documents battles at sea with Japan. Includes interviews with those originally involved. 4. Search for the battleship Bismarck includes historical footage of the ship and Ballard's explorations of the Atlantic to find the sunken ship. 5. The lost fleet of Guadalcanal includes original footage at the site of this major battle plus Ballard's underwater searches for the lost ships. 6. The boys of Normandy includes footage of the invasion and interviews with veteran survivors.
|System Details Note:||
DVD, region 1, standard format, Dolby digital.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Video recordings for the hearing impaired.