The tent : a parable in one sitting [book] / Gary Paulsen.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0659/2006041186-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0659/2006041186-d.html - Publisher description
- 3 of 3 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Alexandria-Monroe PL - Alexandria||F PAU (Text)||37521529900021||AMPL Teen Fiction||Available||-|
|Peabody PL - Columbia City||YP PAPER PAULSEN (Text)||30403001525955||Young Adult - Fiction||Available||-|
|West Lafayette PL - West Lafayette||J FIC Pau (Text)||31951003166094||Children's Room - Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0152058338
- ISBN: 9780152058333
- Physical Description: 86 p. ; 18 cm.
- Edition: 1st Harcourt pbk. ed.
- Publisher: Orlando, Fla. : Harcourt, 2006, c1995.
Includes questions for discussion.
Although dismayed and embarrassed when his father takes him on the road to get rich preaching the word of God, fourteen-year-old Steven finds himself caught up in the money and the things it can buy. Teenage Steven and his father, Corey, take to the road with a Bible, an old army tent, and less than the best of intentions. Tired of being poor, Steven's father is certain that preaching the Word of the Lord is the easy way to fame and fortune. But just when they've got their act down pat and the money is rolling in, Steven and Corey begin to realize that what they'd originally thought of as a harmless lie is all about avarice and power and, ultimately, guilt.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Evangelists > Fiction.
Conduct of life > Fiction.
Fathers and sons > Fiction.
Money > Fiction.