Body surfing : a novel / Anita Shreve.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780316004411 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0316004413 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780316004466 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0316004464 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 295 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2007.
At the age of 29, Sydney has already been once divorced and once widowed. Trying to regain her footing once again, she has answered an ad to tutor the teenage daughter of a well-to-do couple as they spend a sultry summer in their oceanfront New Hampshire cottage. But when the Edwards' two grown sons, Ben and Jeff, arrive at the beach house, Sydney finds herself caught up in a destructive web of old tensions and bitter divisions. As the brothers vie for her affections, the fragile existence Sydney has rebuilt for herself is threatened.
Electronic reproduction. New York : Little Brown & Company, 2007. Requires Adobe Reader 6.0 (file size: 702 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 454 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Divorced women > Fiction.
Widows > Fiction.
Tutors and tutoring > Fiction.
New Hampshire > Fiction.