Patrick Henry : champion of liberty / Jon Kukla.
- https://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1702/2016027735-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- https://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1702/2016027735-d.html - Publisher description
- 8 of 9 copies available at Evergreen Indiana. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Greenwood Public Library.
0 current holds with 9 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Greenwood PL - Greenwood||BIO HENRY (Text)||36626103844965||Adult Biographies||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781439190814
- ISBN: 143919081X
- Physical Description: xiv, 541 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Simon and Schuster, 
- Copyright: ©2017
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (pages 397-522) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| A serious loss -- Totopotomoy Creek -- Decade of misfortunes -- the Parsons' cause -- Visit to Williamsburg -- Scandal and protest -- The Stamp Act -- Europeans or Africans? -- Organizing resistance -- Good and evil -- Hurrying toward a crisis -- Congress in Philadelphia -- Blows must decide -- Liberty or death -- Gunpowder -- Commander in Chief -- Norfolk destroyed -- A free and independent state -- Visitors at Scotchtown -- A war to win -- Making peace -- Governor again -- The new constitution -- We the states -- Amendments and abolition -- For the defense -- Last call.
|Summary, etc.:|| "An authoritative biography of founding father Patrick Henry that restores him to his important place in our history and explains the formative influence on his thought and character of Virginia, where he lived all his life."--Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject