- 41 copies at Evergreen Indiana. (Show)
- 0 copies at Waterloo-Grant Township Public Library.
17 current holds with 119 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Waterloo-Grant Township Public Library - Waterloo||F KID (Text)||30090000677760||Fiction||Checked out||07/29/2014|
- ISBN: 9780670024780 (hardback)
- ISBN: 0670024783 (hardback)
- Physical Description: 373 pages ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Viking, 
|General Note:|| Subtitle from cover.
|Summary, etc.:|| "The story follows Hetty "Handful" Grimke, a Charleston slave, and Sarah, the daughter of the wealthy Grimke family. The novel begins on Sarah's eleventh birthday, when she is given ownership over Handful, who is to be her handmaid. "The Invention of Wings" follows the next thirty-five years of their lives. Inspired in part by the historical figure of Sarah Grimke (a feminist, suffragist and, importantly, an abolitionist), Kidd allows herself to go beyond the record to flesh out the inner lives of all the characters, both real and imagined"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject