Nancy : the story of Lady Astor / Adrian Fort.
- 6 of 6 copies available at Evergreen Indiana. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Waterloo-Grant Township Public Library.
0 current holds with 6 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Waterloo-Grant Twp PL - Waterloo||941.08 FOR (Text)||30090000662325||Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780312599034 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 031259903X (hardcover)
- Physical Description: xv, 378 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, genealogical table, portraits ; 25 cm
- Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
- Publisher: New York, N.Y. : St Martin's Press, 2013.
|General Note:|| Originally published: London : Jonathan Cape, 2012.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (pages 331-363) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| In Dixie -- Silver and lead -- The chase -- Gilded youth -- New adventures -- Into battle -- The power of one -- Centre court -- Downhill -- War on two fronts -- Aftermath.
|Summary, etc.:|| A portrait of the social activist and first female member of Parliament elected to the House of Commons includes coverage of her American ancestry, her determination to use her influence to introduce American ideas into British politics and her relationships with such figures as Winston Churchill, FDR and J. M. Barrie.
Search for related items by subject